Topic started by Ponchi 2015-07-29 22:43:41

Ponchi
Trial

Topic: Ponchi - Enhancement Shaman - (Accepted)

Character Name: Ponchi
Class: Enhancement Shaman
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … i/advanced

1) Tell us about yourself.
Hi, my name is Josh. I live in the southern part of England and am currently working as an IT Technician in a small company. It is hell sometimes!

In my spare time I am an avid gamer and have mostly played WoW over the past year, as well as various other games (currently playing a lot of CS:GO as well, just to enrage myself for who knows what reason).
Other than that I like to play sim/management games like Anno or Settlers. I don't think there is a real limit on what I won't play, but I haven't got into any actual simulators like EuroTruck simply because I think i'll waste my time even more on that smile (sorry to any actual Eurotruck sim fans!!!)

Other than that I spend most of my time with my girlfriend, who is also playing WoW but is enjoying the slight break from raiding, or fixing the unlimited amount of car trouble I have!

2) Tell us about your previous guild(s). Why are you looking for a new home?
Most recent previous guild I was/am still currently in is Vengeful Mercenary.
I joined the guild near to the end of Highmaul and was enjoying my time here, originally on my Warlock, then switched to Shadow Priest, and then to my Prot Warrior in the middle of BRF progression until progression within HFC.
For reference, here are my two other characters armories:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … b/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … t/advanced

The switching characters was mainly to help with progression and for the disappearance of other raiders over time making sure other players in the team would also play what they wanted to!
I was really enjoying my time there but our Raid Leader was having some personal issues and had to step down from leading. To avoid the guild from falling apart, I and my girlfriend had to take the reins and lead instead (we did this for the remainder of BRF, through Blackhand heroic and Blast Furnace heroic and went on to do so for the first 6 or so bosses on HFC Normal).
To cut it short, while raid leading the GM (who was the raid leader before) was not making things easy for us to do, pretty much all officers had a terrible attitude (bar two) and were making mine and my girlfriends times miserable on WoW. Around 3 weeks ago I decided to step down from being an Officer, my girlfriend continued for that moment, then decided to stop playing because we were simply fed up with it (no arguments ensued, i'm not the type to argue about it as I really was at the tipping point).
From that I've not really been searching for a guild, but upon reading up on yours (after being referred by Mortie and Ramzi, I feel interested in playing again and feel like our interests align!

3) How long have you been playing WoW?

Been playing since Wrath of the Lich King, sort of decided to step into the game with both feet and take a plunge and so far I've not regretted the decision!

4) How long have you been playing the character you applied with?

I played on my shaman as elemental in Mists of Pandaria for Throne of Thunder and some of Siege, but then moved back to Warrior to assist with the guild I was currently with.
I've only leveled it to 100 and am now interested in raiding with it (once it's geared enough to a point which would be acceptable).

5) How long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)? Do you want to keep playing this
       spec? If not, what do you want to play? Are you proficient in a second spec?

As long as possible really, I can play either two of my other characters (as listed above) but i'm willing to play other things if needed at the time (I also have a Paladin and Warlock). That also includes being Elemental or Restoration on the current character.

6) Tell us about your typical "spell rotation".

Mostly learnt the priority list from leveling and researching, but it should go something like this (with no tier pieces or class trinkets):

-Keep Searing Totem up and refresh when expiring, if less than 20s remaining (as a last priority)
-Cast Lightning Bolt on 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon proc
-Casting Stormstrike when available (
-Cast Lava Lash
-Cast Unleash Elements
-Cast Flameshock if not already applied or if it has <9s remaining on target, only if unleash elements is ready as well (as per above)
-Cast Frost shock if everything else on CD
-Cast Lightning Bolt if everything else on cd but with 1 or more stack from maelstrom proc.

I use echo of elements as well at the moment, so the priority list changes depending on how many charges my lava lash/stormstrike have. It should never reach having 2 charges...

For AoE, I mainly spread Flame Shock with lava lash, and then can use fire nova to detonate flame shocks. (for boss, keep my rotation up but will use fire nova and refresh aoe on adds when necessary), will switch to adds when higher prio is needed (e.g. tanks on BH heroic if Ranged are struggling).

7) Provide a relevant raid combatlog of your character in World of Logs or WarcraftLogs.

I don't have any recent logs on this character, I think any logs on the other two characters would have expired now as well, as didn't run logs in the previous guild.

8) What are your goals in WoW?

To enjoy raiding current content with a guild hopefully I can stay with for as long as possible, i'm not really a fan of jumping around too much and would very much prefer a stable environment.

9) Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame?

It's changed a lot over the years, most of the time being an absolute weirdo in guild chat when not raiding. When it comes to raiding it changes to raid chat of course... but only when allowed!
Fishing is also good, when i'm trying to get that sea turtle still.
Doing dungeons and other stuff in a group is also fun if I've got people who can tolerate my typically British sense of humor and attitude (I promise i'm not angry)!

10) What are your raiding experiences, also from previous expansions?

When starting in WoTLK I raided in a 10man guild for Naxxramas and Ulduar on the realm Ragnaros on Horde, while still unsure of the game at the time but looking back it feels like it was a pretty good starting point.
I then moved onto 25man guilds for reasons I can't remember, I raided ToTGC and ICC with these. Cleared the current content and got the ToTGC 10 man 50 attempts mount with feat of strength, as well as clearing ICC 25 man normal and a majority of heroic (I can't remember if all, it's a long time ago now).
When onto Cataclysm, I came in nearer to the end of Firelands and met up with Fatality - this was the guild I probably had the best time with to date, including clearing current heroic content and then farming for months on end for Dragon Soul. This guild included Mortie and Ramzi, where I met them!
We continued into Mists for the first raid (MSV) and cleared this on normal in pretty good time, fetching my ahead of the curve for Will of the Emperor. From that the guild disbanded - mostly due to personal issues or maybe just being a bit sick of the game after the really extension Dragon Soul farming.

From that I had a break until ToT when I played on my Shaman as elemental and cleared all of Normal and picked up the Ji-Kun mount in an alt run with another guild.
I then played Siege of Orgrimmar more casually, but joined another guild on another realm to try and enjoy the last raid of the expansion.
This didn't go well, including me being promoted very quickly up the ranks to an Officer, which I did not like so had to eventually stop with the raiding (as the guild essentially fell apart due to GM issues from what I can remember).

After the above I played for a little bit more in another guild, which also died shortly after (I seem to have a lot of bad luck with guilds for this expansion)!

I came back to WoW from Siege of Orgrimmar when the new expansion hit, joined a new guild and have been playing with them (Vengeful Mercenary). I was promoted to officer and (see above for history on that) - I've cleared Highmaul HC, BRF HC and around 6 in HFC HC with them, before deciding that the guilds ideals and mine have parted ways.

(It always feels like a bore for the reader trying to stammer my way through my past experiences!)

11) Do you have any notable alts?

Priest and Warrior which were my mains until I decided to try and play with this Shaman!
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … b/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s … t/advanced

My warrior will have most of my old raiding experience, my Priest may have more for this expansion in particular.

12) What do you expect of your new guild?

Fun and a comfortable habitat? Also friendship?

13) What do you think your attendance will be if we offer you a raiding spot in Phalanx? Do you
        have any personal obligations which would interfere with our raid times?

Not really any personal obligations which will stop me from raiding, raiding days are fine but the only reason I wouldn't raid is if the working day has completely beaten it out of me and I need a rest!
Maybe if the girlfriend wants to do something but due to it starting at 7PM (my British time) still should be able to sort anything out with plenty of time beforehand smile

14) What do you know about Phalanx, and why do you want to join exactly our guild?

Only what I've read already from the charter or what Mortie and Ramzi have told me, which is exactly what i'm looking for, hence why i'm making this application smile Two raid days and clearing the content at a nice pace (without the bother of rushing to get to Mythic) is very relaxing.

15) What kind of computer and connection do you have?

I have an i7 with 24GB RAM with a Geforce GTX 670. Currently using Windows 8.1.
Connection is Fiber with 150mb down and 12mb up.

16) Is there someone in our guild who could support your application?

Ramzi and Mortie if anyone!

17) Tell us a joke!

Why did the semen cross the road? I wore the wrong socks today...

Mortie

Re: Ponchi - Enhancement Shaman - (Accepted)

Hi Josh! Great application man. This guy is an awesome old school raider and I will happily vouch for him.

Grawon

Its a very nice application I must say. Can see you put some effort into it.

I'm just wondering about your gear. Obviously you just leveled this character. But your other characters are way closer to our gear levels. How come you decided to apply with your shaman instead of either of your other characters?

Ponchi
Trial

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Obviously I can play the other two if required while I gear the shaman, but I thought the question might arise.

I'm really not enjoying either two geared characters anymore, simply because I've had to switch between them so much and I've not been able to focus on one completely... so my progress albeit on gear or just pure skill-based is split down the middle.
Out of all of my characters, The only one I've really enjoyed (the most) is the Shaman (back in Mists) but unfortunately was ripped away from playing it as well.
Considering I'm on another realm as well, i'd only like to move one (if I am to be accepted) for starters, and out of them all i'd prefer to play the most on the Shaman, based on above points... but that doesn't rule out potentially raiding from cross realms I suppose?

With 6.2 out and Tanaan, it shouldn't be that much trouble for me to get to a higher gear level anyway, I personally wouldn't feel happy about coming into a raid just to bring it down due to shoddy DPS and am happy to sit out until content with my gear being at the correct level!

Hope this helps explain my current thought process

Cronoz

I vouch for this mate! He is awesome and fun to have around.
Also he was a very good dps in Fatality.
If need be me and Montie can boost him through BRF hc to gear up.
Even with bad gear Josh <3.

Ponchi
Trial

Thanks Cronoz smile

Just a little update - I've upgraded my gear which hopefully should make it more suitable for raiding.

Grawon

You have improved your gear alot since I last checked, which is very good to see.

I'm sure the officers have read and are discussing your application, give them a bit of time and you'll get a reply wink

Rob
Administrator

Hey Josh,

Please hang on a little longer, all of us officers have been away / very busy this weekend. I'll try to get you an answer very soon.

Cronoz

Slackers all of you!
Can he raid with us tonight?

Rob
Administrator

Can't say more then maybe at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Rob
Administrator

Accepted, welcome to the team!

Cronoz

Yes!