Topic started by Saidan 2015-04-04 12:08:16

Saidan
Guest Poster

Topic: Saidan - Holy Paladin

Character Name: Saidan
Class: Paladin
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/j … dan/simple

1) Tell us about yourself.
-My name is Niko (just Croatian version of english name Nicko). I work at the store specialized in flooring, so if you need any parquet or laminate floors you know where to look wink. I recently got engaged, but don't worry, she won't take me away as she plays WoW too smile I also play drums in prog metal band and mix/produce my bands music. (links u say? links: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8RrY3zKWys )

2) Tell us about your previous guild(s). Why are you looking for a new home?
-I raided with "Fierce" since WoD came out, but very fast found myself (and a few more ppl) carrying the rest of the guild, doing more hps then rest of healers combined, etc. I was pugging 6/10 hc when guild was still struggling to get norm flame down. They are very nice people, and I stayed around until a couple of days ago when I decided I want to keep my sanity while I still have it. After about 30 wipes on norm blackhand some people remembered to say that they never bothered to check out tacts (cuz they got used to others telling them what to do all the time)

3) How long have you been playing WoW?
-Since late vanilla. 2006.

4) How long have you been playing the character you applied with?
-This is the first char I ever made. 2.9.2006. when I created my account this guy was born.

5) How long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)? Do you want to keep playing this
       spec? If not, what do you want to play? Are you proficient in a second spec?
-I'll just expand on the previous question. I love this char, he was my first char ever, and he has grown into my heart. I will stop playing this char when blizz shuts down their WoW servers. I Always played him as a healer, and that's what I do best. I do have retri offspec, and some gear, just need a trinket, and then some experience in current content as retri. I tried it in LFR, was comfortable with it.

6) Tell us about your typical "spell rotation".
-Well as a healer I wouldn't have a "rotation", but yeah: build HP with shock on cooldown, keep tanks beaconed, don't use flash unless desperate, pool HP when expecting dmg spikes or aoe dmg for 2 LoD in 3 gcd. USE wings a lot... with glyphs it's just 1,5 min cooldown, you can have it up 33% of the time. Know WHEN to use lay on hands (I see many hpalas use it when they don't really have to)

7) Provide a relevant raid combatlog of your character in World of Logs or WarcraftLogs.
-Don't have those, only have some askmrrobot logs:
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog … 50#v=1,d=1
(guild run couple of nights ago)
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog … 88#v=1,d=1
(fail pug last night)
I find myself never going oom and topping healing meters most of the time, at least in most pugs and every guild run I had with previous guild.
Also, avoiding shit is always the priority, I find my avoidable dmg to be low most of the time.

8) What are your goals in WoW?
-Kill bosses with some nice people. The second part there being more important then the first. smile

9) Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame?
-Except raiding I enjoy collecting anything that can be collected: achieves, mounts, pets(!), etc.

10) What are your raiding experiences, also from previous expansions?
-When I started playing I was still in high school and parents restricted my game time. Managed to find a guild that would take me even if I'm available for 2 hours a day. I think I did kara and gruul with them.

11) Do you have any notable alts?
-lv. 100 shaman and mage, and DK and priest 90+

12) What do you expect of your new guild?
-Progress while maintaining relaxed atmosphere. I don't to down blackhand hc and gtfo in a few months. I want a guild that I would be raiding/having fun with 5 years from now. I don't want to get to know people, start to like them, and then fall apart. I want a home for the rest of my wow life.

13) What do you think your attendance will be if we offer you a raiding spot in Phalanx? Do you
        have any personal obligations which would interfere with our raid times?
-I have work, but the worst thing that can happen with my current work schedule is me being late 10 mins... sometimes. Other than that, I should be there for every raid, every night.

14) What do you know about Phalanx, and why do you want to join exactly our guild?
-I dunno when was the first time I heard about you guys, (maybe I pugged with you?...dunno) but when I started looking for a new home a couple of days ago, when I saw your description on wowprogress you guys seemed like the perfect fit for me.

15) What kind of computer and connection do you have?
-No worries there. PC is a few months old, built for gaming. Connection is fast and stable, though I do get an occasional dc every few days (but who doesn't)

16) Is there someone in our guild who could support your application?
-Nope, no. Don't know anyone, have no idea who you guys are, but judging by your guild ad on wowprogress, you seem like a nice bunch of dudes.

17) Tell us a joke!
-I honestly may be retarded in that department, I can never remember a joke!
I come up with my humor on spot, and I've been told IRL that I'm a fun person to hang around with.
(inb4 declined cuz no joke)

Last edited by Saidan (2015-04-04 19:43:39)

Rob
Administrator

Re: Saidan - Holy Paladin

Hey Niko!

Thanks for your application, we'll try to get you an answer in the next few days!

Saidan
Guest Poster

I'm sorry if I wasted any of you guys' time, but I will be cancelling my application.
You guys seem like a great guild anyone would be happy to be part of, and it would probably be an easier way to join you, but I just can't abandon my friends in Fierce, even if some of them are a bit slow. I hope you understand.

Keldorn

Fair enough, mate. Best of luck to you!

"Dear Blizzard,

Nerf Rock, Paper is fine.
- Scissors."