Topic started by Dukk 2014-12-29 15:39:49

Dukk
Trial

Topic: Dukk - Resto Shaman

Character Name: Dukk
Class: Shaman
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/c … k/advanced

1) Tell us about yourself.
Hmm, since I presume that most people type their gaming history and wow history I'll keep that section short. Huge fan of RPG's (the game genre, not the missile) and games that require more brain and patience rather than quick reflexes. By that I mean fuck FPS-games. Yeah, I said it. Wowhistory? Picked the game up to see what all the fuss was about. Got hooked. Not much more to it.

Other than gaming I like to pick heavy shit of the ground at the gym. Before people start asking about PB's, here they are: Deadlift – 245 kg, Bench – 170 kg, Bicepscurl – 91 kg, Militarypress – 110 kg. I know what  you're thinking, "Wow! No leg-day?!" Yes, I also have a legday, but due to an old kneeinjury I don't do PB's for those.
Alright, some people are probably going "God, enough with the gay-shit..." That's right, I called you out. But I hear you, on to other stuff.
Used to play Rugby in my younger years, but injuries finally cought up to me so gave that up and picked up boxing for a while. I know it looks cool on TV and in movies but irl, it's basically clunky dancing.

Another hobby is building computers. Don't know why I like it but it's something I tried and it stuck.
Studied Systems Engineering for 4 years and worked IT for a while until realizing that it wasn't satisfying. Kind of a bad market for it in Sweden atm as well so decided to reroll my life. So recently I started studying to become a Plumber. I hear all of you laughing now, but to be honest, it's one of the best paid jobs in Sweden.

Besides all that crap I live in a small community just east of Stockholm with my girlfriend. Not one of those you tell someone about in-game to make a point. A real one. Tits, ass, high-pitched voice, etc. One of those.

I'm sure there's alot more to say but since this isn't a date I'll end the personal stuff. Want to know more? Ask. I won't bite. Hard.

2) Tell us about your previous guild(s). Why are you looking for a new home?
Don't really know how far to go back. But I'll give you the quick version of my guild history.

NICR = Name I Can't Remeber

Vanilla:
<NICR> My first raiding guild. GM took the gear he needed then ran off. Disband after that.
<Century> Semi-Hardcore turkish guild with a few other europeans. Told an officer that the RL's shouting at everyone probably was a mood-killer for most players. Basically all non-turks got kicked after that.
<Epic Reality> Casaual Guild more focused on fun when downing bosses instead of killing the boss 15 seconds faster. Sticked with this one until TBC.

The Burning Crusade:
<NICR> Some bullshit hybris guild I joined when an irl-friend and I decided to roll Alliance. Only lasted a few weeks.
<NICR> Found out that Epic Reality (from Vanilla) had split into two guilds due to differences. Joined the guild that contained the most of my friends from those days. Rolled Horde again. Sticked with this one until disband at the end of TBC.
<Lucky Thirteen> irl-friends guild that lasted until late WotLK.

Wrath of the Lich King:
As mentioned above, <Lucky Thirteen> until we merged with a danish guild for Icecrown Citadel.
That guild went to shit in a few weeks due to a lot of people stopped playing.
<NICR> Joined this guild with the few of the irl-friends that still played. Guild disbanded a couple of weeks before Cata due to personal bullshit getting in the way among officers.

Cataclysm:
Started up <Lucky Thirteen> again. The guild lasted the first raid tier. Then we disbanded for some reason I can't really remember, or maybe I just lost interest in the game.
Started up my account and joined a friends semi-hardcore guild. Noticed I've gotten to old for hardcoring. Stopped playing again after a week or three.

Mists of Pandaria:
Started up my account to see the new content. Didn't really feel engaged in the game. Went Freelance (LFR-Raider). Until Siege of Orgrimmar when I joined a danish friend's guild (from back in WotLK). It's showed that a majority of the players in that guild had a hardcore mindset which sucked out all the fun in the raids (playing and social atmospohere). Decided to give that shit up after a month or two.
<Prophesy> Remains of the legacy friends guild Lucky Thirteen. There's no real goals with the guild. A couple of friends bascially an extended friends list.

Warlords of Dreanor:
Still in the guild <Prophesy> but since we're only like 4 members and it doesn't really have a purpose I've decided to look around for guild.

3) How long have you been playing WoW?
I think a lot of the following questions have been more or less answered in the above so I'll try and keep these short.

I've been playing actively for about 7-8 years. Didn't play for about half of Cataclysm and pretty much skipped MoP.

4) How long have you been playing the character you applied with?
This char was created sometime in Vanilla but didn't start playing it until mid-TBC since we were in need of healers in Lucky Thirteen.
Have tried to reroll but always end up back in Shamanism.
Played Hunter and Resto Druid in Vanilla.
Played Rogue, Holy Paladin and Shaman in TBC.
Played Shaman in WotLK.
Tried to reroll to Holy Paladin (did for a majority of the expac) but then went back to Shaman.
Played Shaman in MoP (the short while I played the expac)

But to answer the question, basically since late TBC.

5) How long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)? Do you want to keep playing this
       spec? If not, what do you want to play? Are you proficient in a second spec?
Since I like what they've done with the Shaman class (most of it) over the years I think I'm going to stay a Shaman for a very long time ahead. Don't have any intentions of rerolling. Although I like playing all healers. Shaman = This is my healer. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Am I proficient in a second spec? If you're referring to another healing specc I would say Resto Druid and Holy Paladin-ish (still keeping up with the spec but haven't played it for a long time). If you're referring to another shaman specc I would say I can handle both Ele and Enhance pretty decent.

6) Tell us about your typical "spell rotation".
Don't really think this is aimed at healers. But typical rules of thumb; Keep Earth Shield on targets of high damage (doesn't have to be a tank). Rolling Riptides to sync up with High Tide-talent, and bla bla. Just kidding. My answer would be as all healers, evaluate situation -> Throw appropriate heal/ability -> Re-evaluate and take action.

7) Provide a relevant raid combatlog of your character in World of Logs or WarcraftLogs.
Think the hardcore guild I was in for SoO has some logs stored away. I guess I can dig the out if you reeeally want them. But I'm a shaman;
if (RaidDMG = High)
   Chain Heal (spam)+ Healing Rain
      Top Meters
else
   panic

8) What are your goals in WoW?
I would say my goals align with the guild charter's "Our goal in every content cycle is always beating the endgame (and we usually achieve this). We see our guild mates as friends and family and also build our roster around personalities"
To complete a raid tier until the next one comes out. It think it's clear from previous questions that I prefer to raid with a great set of people rather than hardcore progress with great players. If that makes sense.
My goals are pretty much to play the game, and in some manner beat it, and not be pissed of at the end of the night due to people making the game more serious than it is.

9) Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame?
That's a really good question actually. I guess I'm a big fan of small group content. Like challening 5-man content or running a 10-man raid with 7-8 players just to get to think outside the box instead of what Elitists say. I guess a weird way of saying it would be that I like making content challenging instead of beating challening content? Makes sense? No? Good.

10) What are your raiding experiences, also from previous expansions?
Vanilla:
ZG, MC, AQ-10, Onyxia, Some bosses in BWL. Was in a casual guild for most of Vanilla so we didn't really do the "Big Boy content."
TBC:
KZ, Gruul, Some boss in the Kael'Thas raid. ZA. Mostly small group content.
WotLK:
Cleared everything although in 10-man Normal. Maybe some Heroic. Can't really remember.
Cata:
First Raid Tier. Stopped playing then returned and cleared DS-10.
MoP:
I'm gonna say N/A here. But think I did Throne of Thunder Normal once, and don't remember how far we got into SoO.

11) Do you have any notable alts?
Would be my Resto Druid, Callmestacey@ChamberofAspects. But I'm gonna keep this one as Horde I think. Still have a few friends that are Horde. Also have a Warrior that's 100. But I've not done anything on him other than level to 100. But as the expac goes on I'm sure I'm gonna end up with a bunch of alts.

12) What do you expect of your new guild?
"Our primary drive is not the hunt for purple pixels, we raid because we genuinely enjoy spending time with each other." Basically this. I've known Remomana for a loooooong time now and the picture he's given me is that this is a guild that focuses on a good atmosphere rather than a number on some list. You raid because it's fun, not because your life depends on it.

13) What do you think your attendance will be if we offer you a raiding spot in Phalanx? Do you
        have any personal obligations which would interfere with our raid times?
My attendance? If you need me, I'll be there. If you need to bench me, I'll be there waiting until called upon again.
Don't have any personal obligations getting in the way, unless some friend or my parents want to schedule a dinner on a Monday or Tuesday for some reason. Most of my personal "obligations" are during weekends.

14) What do you know about Phalanx, and why do you want to join exactly our guild?
Part of the answer is the same as question 12. The other part is that it seems you're neither Hardcore nor Casual. And from what I've heard the atmosphere seems really nice, and people don't get shouted at for one or two mistakes. The picture Remomana has given me is that it's a friendly raiding guild. And if correct, is exactly what I'm looking for now that Blizzard has made healing and most of the game fun again.

15) What kind of computer and connection do you have?
Computer: I could ramble up every single part that's in this bitch but I doubt that'll give people an idea if it's up to par or not. About 1,5-2 years ago you couldn't get a better computer unless you stole one from the US Army. Now it's just a good PC. Will be getting some upgrades in a week or two. Remomana can confirm that it's up to par. The-less-clutter-answer.
If there are other compnerds in here that really want the speccs I'll happily provide it and to what I'm upgrading to.

Connection: 20 Down/ 2 Up

16) Is there someone in our guild who could support your application?
Remomana and I have been playing together on and off since Vanilla and I've known the twerk for well over 10 years. I should hope he can confirm or provide a better picture of the answers. Or he can put you in contact with me if you want to ask something else. He should also be able provide information about my scary personality since that seems to be important for the guild smile

17) Tell us a joke!
How do you annoy your girlfriend during sex? Call her.

Rob
Administrator

Re: Dukk - Resto Shaman

This is one of the most entertaining applications I have read in a long time, thanks big_smile

Due to the holidays it might take a couple of days, or even a week, to get you an answer, so please sit tight!

Adanos
DirtyWork

TL;DR -> invite this guy

http://i.imgur.com/ZjYCjTr.gif

Grawon

I must say I really liked this application, been a long time since I read an application as good as this!

Rob
Administrator

Hey Dukk,

We'd like to offer you a trial. How can we even say no to such an outstanding application? wink
Please contact me (Jeyne), Angyarr, Aryi or Toastey ingame for an invite, or let us know if you have any questions!

Dukk
Trial

Keeewl!

Have abandoned my "Orcish ways" and am currently pending for a transfer to Auchindoun. I'll be on in a couple of hours.

Lok'Tar.