Topic started by Aetatem 2013-11-18 16:39:45

Aetatem
Trial

Topic: Application Aetatem Enhance/Elemental Shaman (ACCEPTED)

Character Name: Aetatem
Class: Shaman
Armory Link: Aetatem

1) Tell us about yourself

Hi, my name is Sebastian. I am currently living in Munich, where i am studying computer science on the Bundeswehr university Neubiberg. I started playing WoW 2005, during my year abroad in the US. Hence why i jumped back and forth between US and EU realms. I started on the US realms, played there till mid Cataclysm Expansion, then i started from scratch on the european servers, cause the raid times were redicilous. Then i played there and had a a break of about 1,5 years. Until an american friend of mine got me back on the US realms mid-MoP. There i raided up until SoO got released, because raid times were getting in conflict with my masters. So about 1 week ago i reactivated my european account and leveled a shaman up back from 1 in about 2,5 days.

2) Tell us about your previous guild(s). Why are you looking for a new home?

My previous guild was a bunch of fun, great raid leader, could be a real dick at times, but that's what you gotta be if you want to accomplish something. It was a medium guild with 2 raid teams.

Well my old buddies from cata stopped playing so I am looking for a new guild.

3) How long have you been playing WoW?

For about 8 years now.

4) How long have you been playing the character you applied with?

One week, but i raided as a shaman on through Pandaria on the american servers

5) How long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)? Do you want to keep playing this spec? If not, what do you want to play? Are you proficient in a second spec?

Well in my previous guild i was swapping back and forth between Enhance and Elemental. I really want to raid on the shaman, but it doesn't matter to me which dps spec i am designated to.

6) Tell us about your typical "spell rotation".

Well for Elemental there isn't really a rotation, the goal is to keep flame shock up, lava burst if it procs or is off-cd, elemental blast if off-cd, totem-management, earth shock if >5 stacks and lightning bolt in between.

Enhance is more interesting as the totem-management is essential. Other than that, pretty much keeping everything on cd. it's no rocket science.

7) What are your goals in WoW?

My goal is and always will be to beat the endgame and have fun doing so.

8) Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame?

i am having the most fun doing stuff with other people while hanging out in Team Speak/Mumble/Vent. I also love pushing dps numbers, i do a lot of theorycrafting and regemming.

9) Please upload a screenshot of your combat UI.

I am using the standard elvui with omen and recount aswell. Nothing really worth linking. But i can upload one if neccesary.

10) What are your raiding experiences, also from previous expansions?

--Burning Crusade--
Tanked the whole expansion on my warrior. We cleared everything and got the bear from ZA before it got nerfed.

--Wrath of the Lich King--
Since Blizzard broke tanking(imo) i moved on to play a hunter. I did everything there on my hunter (switched to european servers mid-expansion) except Lich King heroic.

--Cataclysm--
Dragon Soul 5/8 heroics still on my hunter

--Mist of Pandaria--
Enhance/Elemental Shaman:
MSV, HoF, ToES, ToT cleared on normal
Prot Warrior:
SoO 9/14

11) Do you have any notable alts?

US:
Praetor - protection warrior
Aetatem - enhance/elemental shaman

EU:

Nothing else at 90 right now, for old achievements:
Sagittae - hunter

12) What do you expect of your new guild?

I am looking for a nice guild to hang out and raid, once i get the gear for it. When i raid i expect people to be prepared and know what they're doing, because i come prepared aswell. I don't like drama, but i am always in for giving each other a hard time aslong as it stays friendly wink

13) What do you think your attendance will be if we offer you a raiding spot in Phalanx? Do you have any personal obligations which would interfere with our raid times?

The raid times are perfect for me

14) What do you know about Phalanx, and why do you want to join exactly our guild?

I saw your forums entry on the battlenet forums and after reading the guild charter i thought this might be a cool guild to apply to

15) What kind of computer and connection do you have?
Campus network ca. 16 Gbit/s

3,41 GHz QuadCore
16GB RAM
Geforce GTX 480

Haven't had any issues yet, but the graphic card will be upgraded soon.

16) Is there someone in our guild who could support your application?

Sadly no, but perhaps now, since you read the application wink

17) Tell us a joke!

Well, my gear is one right now.

18)PS

I am currently not applying to a raid spot, since you propably had a good laugh about the gear smile I am just trying to get back to the 530+ ilvl range so i can help you folks with heroics. I am merely applying for a guild invite and hopefully i can tag along when you do some flexibles. I am gonna push hard to get my gear up, but mostly i am eyeing towards the next expansion aswell and would love to get a spot in your guild and in the future even a raid spot.

I can link a few old world of logs from ToT if you want it, just ask.

Thanks for looking through my app.

Last edited by Aetatem (2013-11-18 17:16:11)

Angrydragon

Re: Application Aetatem Enhance/Elemental Shaman (ACCEPTED)

Aetatem wrote:

18)PS

I am currently not applying to a raid spot, since you propably had a good laugh about the gear smile I am just trying to get back to the 530+ ilvl range so i can help you folks with heroics. I am merely applying for a guild invite and hopefully i can tag along when you do some flexibles. I am gonna push hard to get my gear up, but mostly i am eyeing towards the next expansion aswell and would love to get a spot in your guild and in the future even a raid spot.

Glad I saw this, was just about to comment on your shamans gear smile

But I must disapoint you, we rarely do Flexraids as a guild anymore.

Whats gonna hold you from disapearing back to your US characters, say we actually give you an invite? Not saying you completely must forget about your US friends, but we really count on you, on our raid days. Depending on how our raiding will be in WoD.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/Qlafs/TRUTH.jpg

Aetatem
Trial

Yea sorry i should have put that one first.

What keeps me from disapearing?

Well for now my word, which i understand doesn't mean a lot coming from a stranger. But I am done raiding at US times. It really wore me out and i definetly don't want to go back to that. It's just too tiring.

Angrydragon

Alright, just wanted to know your reason for quitting US raiding.

Anyway, since I cant really comment on your gear. I will leave this up to the officers, though you made a nice application smile

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/Qlafs/TRUTH.jpg

Aryi
Administrator

Hi Aetatem,

thank you for your application and for your interest in joining Phalanx. We like your application and your proposition of joining as a raider-in-waiting so to speak is actually very interesting to us right now. We have one officer currently in the process of starting a new job in a new country but we will solicit his feedback and get back to you within the next couple of days.

Oops

Aetatem
Trial

Hey Aryi,

thanks for the reply. Take as much time as you need.

Angyarr
Administrator

Read

Aryi
Administrator

Hello again,

so, as mentioned above we really like your application and have decided to throw a guild invite your way. Just to be sure again, this is with the understanding that you'll join in a mostly social capacity for now with the goal of being a full raider by release of WoD. And of course once your gear has gotten good enough to raid the current tier the possibility of a backup spot in our regular progression raids (or more as the need may arise, who knows what the situation will be like when your gear is raid ready...)

If all of that sounds good to you whisper Angyar, Jeyne (or his alts: Danáth, Sybell) or Aryi for an invite. (We are usually at work during the day, so best chance is evenings or weekends)

Oops