Topic started by korgardmonk 2013-11-09 18:03:47

korgardmonk
Guest Poster

Topic: Vann - Mistweaver monk - (Accepted)

Character Name: Vann
Class: Monk (Mistweaver mainspec, Brewmaster offspec)
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d … n/advanced

1) Tell us about yourself.
My name is Micheal, I'm a law student from Poland, currently doing my last year.

2) Tell us about your previous guild(s). Why are you looking for a new home?
My monk only has been in one guild, that is currently on decline where it comes to raiding.

3) How long have you been playing WoW?
Started late TBC, first raid was Naxx.

4) How long have you been playing the character you applied with?
30 days /played, obviously started in MoP smile

5) How long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)? Do you want to keep playing this spec? If not, what do you want to play? Are you proficient in a second spec?
At least until the end of expansion. I enjoy playing Mistweaver, it's my favourite healing spec. I also play Brewmaster quite a lot, tanked some challange mode:golds, proving grounds up to 38 waves, solo stuff.

6) Tell us about your typical "spell rotation".
Healing isn't really about rotation, but main 'spell juggling' when it comes to mistweaving is efficient renewing mist juggling with thunderfocus, and smart chi usage. I think browsing thorugh logs explains my gamestyle better than words: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d … amp;e=9090

7) What are your goals in WoW?
Decent progression while raiding only 2 nights/week.

8) Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame?
I love pretty much every aspect of WoW: arenas, pet battles, leveling alts, collecting transmos, achivmenets, raiding, soloing old content.

9) Please upload a screenshot of your combat UI.
Will do it on Monday when I'm on my gaming machine, though I use standard Blizzard UI, no modifications at all (I have all abilites keybound though)

10) What are your raiding experiences, also from previous expansions?
Most recent SoO 12/14. Before that I always cleared all normal content + about 80% heroic (outside of ToT where I didn't raid)

11) Do you have any notable alts?
My old main, enhance shaman (Vann on The Sha'tar)

12) What do you expect of your new guild?
Friendly atmosphere, decent progress.

13) What do you think your attendance will be if we offer you a raiding spot in Phalanx? Do you have any personal obligations which would interfere with our raid times?
As long as raid days/hours don't change I shouldn't attend all raids (unless something unusual happens, like cat catches on fire)

14) What do you know about Phalanx, and why do you want to join exactly our guild?
Decent progress, raids 2/week, looking for a healer.

15) What kind of computer and connection do you have?
Computer good enough to raid without fps issues, connection good enough to raid without latency problems.

16) Is there someone in our guild who could support your application? Nope, I'm not from Auchidoun and I learned about your guild from MMO-champ forums.

17) Tell us a joke!
It took me 4 hours to activate this forum account...

Last edited by korgardmonk (2013-11-09 18:04:25)

Keldorn

Re: Vann - Mistweaver monk - (Accepted)

Nice application, containing everything needed. I'm not entirely certain what we're looking for at the moment, but I'm sure the officers will be in touch shortly. Good luck!

"Dear Blizzard,

Nerf Rock, Paper is fine.
- Scissors."

Rob
Administrator

Hello Micheal,

Thank you for your application!
We liked what we've read and would like to offer you a trial!

Feel free to transfer and poke one of the officers for an invite!
(There's a spot on this weeks raids if you can make it before Monday)

If you have any questions feel free to contact me here or in game. (if I'm not on Jeyne, just ask anyone in the guild for me)

Adanos
DirtyWork

Hey Micheal, as a fellow Monk I would like to know your reason for not gemming/reforging/enchanting for 9158 haste and rest for crit? Also would like to know why you prefer int and int+spirit gems?

Also would change the Meta gem and enchant on your pants smile

Last edited by Adanos (2013-11-11 10:31:05)

http://i.imgur.com/ZjYCjTr.gif

korgardmonk
Guest Poster

@Rob Thanks for accepting me, it actually took shorter than I thought and was prepared for and I'm already saved for SoO this week. I planned to transfer on next friday/saturaday if that's not a problem.

@Adanos
I went for lowest haste soft cap (16.65%) because last time I was bothering with it all higher haste caps were completly out of reach. Now you are probably right I could go for second or third, gonna see to it later.
As far as I'm concerned (icy-veins guide, highest ranked monk healers from wol, mmo-champ) intellect gems are way to go. I'm not saying its the only truth but I'm curious in source saying crit gems are better.

I was saving legendary meta for better head, especially since in my old guild i was next to take tier head, and thok was on farm. I could use it on random flex head but i think its a waste. As far as leg enchant goes, tbh I don't really remember why I used spirit one instead of crit, it was probably much cheaper tongue I can change it but spirit isn't useless either (it's not optimal though I agree).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you have raiding mistweaver monk in your team, as far as I can see there is also a balance druid. 3rd int leather user would probably not be optimal, maybe my shaman would fit better into your roster? It was my main character for whole cata + MsV/HoF/ToES, and his gear is not that far behind (545 now with legendary, easy to catch up) let me know what you think.

Keldorn

Personally I don't think it matters much. We'll have to regroup and sort out who rolls what before the next expansion anyway.

"Dear Blizzard,

- Scissors."

Adanos
DirtyWork

korgardmonk wrote:

@Adanos
I went for lowest haste soft cap (16.65%) because last time I was bothering with it all higher haste caps were completly out of reach. Now you are probably right I could go for second or third, gonna see to it later.
As far as I'm concerned (icy-veins guide, highest ranked monk healers from wol, mmo-champ) intellect gems are way to go. I'm not saying its the only truth but I'm curious in source saying crit gems are better.

I was saving legendary meta for better head, especially since in my old guild i was next to take tier head, and thok was on farm. I could use it on random flex head but i think its a waste. As far as leg enchant goes, tbh I don't really remember why I used spirit one instead of crit, it was probably much cheaper tongue I can change it but spirit isn't useless either (it's not optimal though I agree).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know you have raiding mistweaver monk in your team, as far as I can see there is also a balance druid. 3rd int leather user would probably not be optimal, maybe my shaman would fit better into your roster? It was my main character for whole cata + MsV/HoF/ToES, and his gear is not that far behind (545 now with legendary, easy to catch up) let me know what you think.

The legendary meta gem isn't really that expensive, worth buying it for every head gear in order to ditch out Spirit from other gear/gems into crit/haste.

Indeed we have 2 int leather users, also 5 people who needs Protector tokens. As for this tier, I don't see any reason why you couldn't join with your Shaman (that is not up to me ofc). And as for the next expansion, we still don't know how long it takes... maybe half an year, maybe one.

http://i.imgur.com/ZjYCjTr.gif

Rob
Administrator

korgardmonk wrote:

@Rob Thanks for accepting me, it actually took shorter than I thought and was prepared for and I'm already saved for SoO this week. I planned to transfer on next friday/saturaday if that's not a problem.

That's understandable, no problem!

Regarding the other discussions going on here, I'll discuss with the other officers and let you know

Angrydragon

No more shamans please!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/Qlafs/TRUTH.jpg

Keldorn

We'll have that issue with anything other than a Holy Paladin..

"Dear Blizzard,

- Scissors."

Angrydragon

Keldorn wrote:

We'll have that issue with anything other than a Holy Paladin..

Yeah, and . . . ? wink

korgardmonk
Guest Poster

Like I said, I don't mind playing whatever is better for the guild. My shaman has worse gear than monk, but much more useful offspec (enhance) with fairly high ilvl (550ish) and I know in 10mans having viable offspec is a big plus which my monk sadly lacks (well I could pick up windwalking but never really played it so would take some practice). I can only transfer one of them (for now) so pick carefully :p

Angrydragon

All the different class speak to the side.

I think its important that you play a class, that you want to play and feel comfortable playing.

Rob
Administrator

Angry pretty much said what I wanted to say.

You're right that a viable offspec is a big plus, so the shaman might be more useful because of that.
However, the most important thing is you play a class you enjoy, and feel comfortable with.
Playing something you don't really want to might just lead to not having fun and burnout, and the eventual goal is to have fun together.

korgardmonk
Guest Poster

Hey small update on my application - I decided to move my monk, I'm done with challenge modes so can change offspec to windwalker, shouldn't be too hard to pick it up fast and gear is almost same as for BrM. Planning to transfer on Saturday or Sunday, peace.

Angyarr
Administrator

Cool, hoping to hear from you soon.