Topic started by pyrene 2014-08-23 21:19:29

pyrene
Guest Poster

Topic: Aplication - Pyrene Holy Priest WoD (Withdrawn)

Character Name: Pyrene
Class: Holy Priest
Armory Link: Ok, I'll link my raiding druid:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/d … xen/simple

1) Tell us about yourself.

Hello! I'm Ariadna, from Catalonia, i'm 26 and I'm raiding in wow since i finished my studies (that is 2 years ago). I was raiding in a spanish server since now but you know how it is the spanish schedules (raiding 'till 00:30h 5 days a week...). My boyfriend went to sleep each night before I was over raiding sad so I'm done with that schedules! U.U

Since now I was hoping to find some other spanish raid with more affordable schedules.. buy you know what? It's impossible. Dude, that freaked me out. How can it be possible, all raids finishing at 00:30h? Are you serious? No way i'm done raiding, though, so I started searching for an european server and tadaaa!! I just found you. I read your post in wow forums and I liked so much that I followed the link to the application forum in this web.

First of all I must say I still don't have any Character at 90 in your server but it's not big deal since now I can pay for a 90 boost. I'd love to run a Holly Priest (it was my main in Dragon Soul but as they nerfed it I ran RDruid in last expansion, I linked the armory page.).

I'm willing to start in WoD but I know you maybe want people just ASAP. I'm afraid I can't offer you this because I'd have to start picking up some gear and till I could run heroics I think it would take big time. Nothing is impossible though.

2)Tell us about your previous guild(s).

I've been in two guilds since I started playing WoW, one was just for a month (they didn't raid too much) and then Marfil (spanish guild in Sanguino that went to Dun Modr called as Lunatikos). They were like my family for... 5 years! In holidays we've met a couple of times and had a lot of fun but since I went to live with my boyfriend (1 year ago) the schedules weren't made for me anymore. They let me raid only 1 hour (22:30 to 23:30) but now they said it's not the solution to WoD so here I am! Anyway I left all of my alters in their guild but I'm willing to forge such a strong friendship with your guild too.

3) How long have you been playing WoW?

Since the last months of BC. I quitted playing for a couple of months when finishing studies.

4) How long have you been playing the character you applied with?

Pyrene, my future holly priest is like Seradane (my holy priest in Dun Modr) and I've been playing her since... I think in Wotlk with Ulduar I started lvling her as an Alter, then in Dragon Soul it was my main and just loved her playstyle. But because the holy priest was nerfed the raid told me to get another healer for MoP and rerolled a r druid.

5) How long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)?

As long as I can! But as you see I can reroll if needed for the raid.

6) Tell us about your typical "spell rotation"

Well we will see in the next expansion but I roll the direct healing chakra for 10 man and the area for 25man, the rotation depends with the chakra and the amount of damage the raid is taking.

10 man: renew on all the party if possible and spam heal to top off. Renew must always be on tanks. I use to use prayer of mending (with the gliph) as often as possible as the same goes with Cascade (or Divine Star on encounters when the raid is in the same spot) and then Binding Heal, Flash Heal or Greater Heal depending on the damage and the urgency. Guardian Spirit cast on a super-urgency case when the tank is going to die. Void Shift if I can take it's damage without any damage on me incoming in the next seconds.

If there's a lot of raid damage and the raid is in the same spot I roll the sancturary chakra and go prayer of healing and holy word sanctuary.

25man: Prayer of mending also always active (with gliph), spam circle of healing, cascade (or divine star as said), renew on tanks and people with incoming or sustained damage, prayer of healing if theres people staked together with holy word: sanctuary and flash heal for urgencies. If it's hastened with serendipity I can also use greater heal for urgencies.  Guardian Spirit cast on a super-urgency case when the tank is going to die. Void Shift if I can take it's damage without any damage on me incoming in the next seconds.

7) What are your goals in WoW?

Keep raiding all the contents while having fun with friends.

8) Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame?

I'm a pretty farmer xD I also love lvling alts, professions, I used to play some arenas with my Priest with the disci spect... farming achievements, getting new transmogriphied equipment... all kind of stuff.

9) Please upload a screenshot of your combat UI.

I use the standard Ui with all spells keybinded, some power auras, TellMeWhen bars and icons that tell me when are my cd's off cd, if the renew on main tank is up... that kind of things. In general I hate running too much addons but I use the essencials: BigWings (or deadly boss mods), Healbot or Grid etc.

10) What are your raiding experiences, also from previous expansions?

Raided all the contents since Naxxramas in WotLK with some exeptions due to exams on the university. (That's not going to happen anymore, I work as Freelance smile When finished my studies I could play WoW more "hardcore" and cleared some heroic content too. Example: SoO cleared until malkorok Hero, the raid went off for lack of people for holidays.

11) Do you have any notable alts?

My ex-raiding druid:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/character/d … xen/simple

12) What do you expect of your new guild?

I'm willing to be in a happy-social guild. I play WoW to have fun with the people I play with. but I'm also constant (and serious when it's needed) and I'm sure you'd love to have me in your commands big_smile

13) What do you think your attendance will be if we offer you a raiding spot in Phalanx? Do you have any personal obligations which would interfere with our raid times?

If the schedule is as said, I won't have any interference. I can be each raiding day at 20:00 at WoW without problem and leaving at 23:00h. My personal obligations may be... that the dog is vomiting near me (it happened a couple of times, i'm sorry) and need to clear it up XDD But I wait till the boss is down xDD

14) What do you know about Phalanx, and why do you want to join exactly our guild?

Well I read the wow forum and the kind of relation you have with the people within your guild is pretty much the one I was having in my ex-guild so I feel very comfortable thinking it's a new kind of "Marfil" smile

15) What kind of computer and connection do you have?

Mac OS X version 10.9.4
Processor: 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

(i'm a graphic designer, don't mess with Mac!!! xD)

16) Is there someone in our guild who could support your application?

Yes, I think so smile

17) Tell us a joke!

A cat and it's small brother are having a chat:
-Hey bro, since you're now big enough I can show you if you want what is sex about.
-Oh, ok!
-Let's go find some kitty!

So there they go, in the rooftops of the city searching for a kitty, when they find it the elder brother says he's coming in a couple of minutes and the smaller waits behind a chimney. It's getting cooler and it starts raining. The poor cat behind the chimney starts coughing and is getting really sick after 10 minutes just when the elder cat arrives. So the small cat says:

- Hm... I can have sex 5 minutes more but I don't know if I can stand much more...

>.<

18)PS

Thank you so much for reading, I'd love you to accept me in your next WoD raiding. I'll boost my lvl 1 Pyrene priest as soon you accept me!

See you!

Last edited by pyrene (2014-08-23 23:08:20)

Keldorn

Re: Aplication - Pyrene Holy Priest WoD (Withdrawn)

Nicely updated! I read the first version, and it wasn't overly impressive, but this looks a whole lot better. I think we might need another healer for WoD, or the officers are threatening to have me go Holy Paladin again, so I'm all for recruiting one more.

I'm sure the officers will have an answer for you soon. Good luck with your application!

"Dear Blizzard,

Nerf Rock, Paper is fine.
- Scissors."

pyrene
Guest Poster

Thank you Keldorn!

Yes, at first I didn't see the whole application form and when I took a look to the other applications I was like, oh my, there's a lot of questions here I didn't answer xD

Adanos
DirtyWork

I would like to say welcome, but that is up to the officers. I like how enthusiastic you are of our guild smile

And wow, I'm impressed that there ain't any language barrier... at least my experience of people from your country is that they seem to have very poor English smile

Good luck with your application, I'm sure officers will reply to you soon!

Last edited by Adanos (2014-08-25 06:52:26)

http://i.imgur.com/ZjYCjTr.gif

Angyarr
Administrator

Hello Pyrene

I like your application although it's a bit unusual in the sense that you are applying with a character that has yet to be lvled to 90. This doesn't have to be a problem however since you are applying for WoD. Grabbing gear now won't be necessary given the fact that SoO progress raiding is over. It will however smoothen your WoD leveling experience and I would like you to keep your sanity instead of raiding LFR.

Because you have no raiding XP in MoP you also can't provide any combat logs for us to check.
The rotation you posted looks solid although numbers say so much more and not only about your spell rotation. Again this doesn't need to be a problem but this would mean that your first evaluation would be in WoD and not any longer in this xpac.

If you are ok with an extended trial period, I can discuss this further.
Looking forward hearing from you again.

Angyarr

pyrene
Guest Poster

Thank you for the quick response. Your answer had me thinking a while. First of all I appreciate that you give me the opportunity to have a trial period but the fact that the logs are so important to you makes me think that maybe I will not be as good as you want me to be (how will be HPriest in WoD? will I be able to heal as much as you want?) I think I now need a less "pro" guild and not feel so much pressure xD

Anyway, thank you for the response! But maybe we're searching different things smile

Ariadna

Angyarr
Administrator

That's a shame.
Logs are these days a nice tool to see how one is performing and not only for the hardcore guilds.
I was under the impression since you were progressing on Malkorok that this would do for you, even on another char.

In any case, best of luck in your future endeavours

Adanos
DirtyWork

We used to be HC guild aiming for realm first kills and top 50 EU. Those days are long gone, but still we consider ourselves as HC raiders... only that we raid more like casual raiding guilds. Our roots are probably reason why we ask for logs, but it shouldn't put you under any pressure as you show us what you got during your trial period.

http://i.imgur.com/ZjYCjTr.gif

Keldorn

Yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned about that to be honest. We do expect people to actually play properly, but we're not ruthless or anything (anymore, heh). We're a bit too casual for that these days. smile

"Dear Blizzard,

Nerf Rock, Paper is fine.
- Scissors."