Topic started by Nixtt 2014-04-23 22:06:02

Nixtt
Trial

Topic: Application - Nixtt Prot Pally - (Accepted)

Character Name: Nixtt
Class: Protection Paladin 563 ilvl
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m … xtt/simple

1) Tell us about yourself
Male, Canuck, Straight, Old.
I moved from Canada to Scotland 12 years ago. Started playing WoW about 7 years ago, moved to London for a better job and a far worse quality of life 6 years ago, started liking London 3 years ago, and began raiding seriously about the same time. Still pretty much Canadian accent. Dont know why it never changed.
i work for a Hotel Chain for independtly owned Hotels. Its good fun. Im in an office Mon-Fri, wear a suit and tie a lot of the time, and when not playing WoW I spend my time looking for Ms Wrong, making school-boy errors, and travelling. If I do a good job at work then hotels invite me to stay at their hotels. Just did 8 nights in Italy at 4 different hotels and each one of them gave me a suite! Jobs hard work but good rewards.
I started playing WoW for a strange reason I guess. I used to play D&D a long time ago and missed the good fun from it. The team-play and the interaction. I dont play any other games (although my ex-gf disagrees). The hit system for WoW is largely based on D&D which was part of my initial interest and I do like the lore.

oh. All my chars are Draenei. I have a tail wag macro. Try to spot it during mid-raid lulls like Galakras waiting for adds to spawn.

2) Tell us about your previous guild(s). Why are you looking for a new home?
Infliction has been my home for over 2 years. Since Firelands. Great guild, great peoole but its on Mazrigos. Its a low population and unconnected realm and almost impossible to recruit. Its almost all fell apart 6 months ago, many peeps went to other guilds, then the gang got back together but its been a struggle getting raids together and that has caused pressure on everyone. Then summer/static content/D3 and it all stalled a bit. SOO X-Realm changed that, however it felt we were on limited time.
Brilliant guild. Brilliant people. No complaints at all except about the dead server.

3) How long have you been playing WoW?
About 7 years now.

4) How long have you been playing the character you applied with?
This is my first character.

5) How long do you intend to keep on playing (this character)? Do you want to keep playing this spec? If not, what do you want to play? Are you proficient in a second spec?
I have tried all 3 Paladin specs and am happy to change to another if needed for a night/month/ or a patch if we become OP/more useful in an alternate spec however I am most comfortable/confident/experienced tanking. I keep my OS's up to date. Currently 560 Ret, 550 Holy.

6) Tell us about your typical "spell rotation".
Wings & Engineer Gloves, taunt, CS or HotR, Judgement, Consecration, AS, CS or HotR, EF repeat but replace EF with SOTR. It changes depending on AS procs/Vengence/EF tefreshing or if EF is better used on someone else. CDs used depending on Damage incoming. HoS, HoP, LoH, Devotion Aura at the ready for Raid Leaders call. AOE stuns, short CD interrupts, AS on MC'ed peeps all in the toolbag.

I also am ready to use Turn Evil when needed. Who knows with WoD?

7) What are your goals in WoW?
Mostly fun and achievements, meet new people. For PVP its mostly fun and achievements, kill new people. And take their Insignia. WoW is my quiet place that lets me relax and forget about work and chill.

8) Where do you find your fun in the game, do you have a "hobby" ingame?
This changes. I spent over a year doing Battlemaster and Khan achieves. I havent set a new big goal like those 2 lately as they, umm, consumed me while working on them. Now Im slowly working on Archeology and Loremaster. I was one of those nubs who didnt finish Loremaster before Cataclysm so have to redo all quests/zones. Just about done with old Raid and Dungeon achieves now.

i suppose this means achieves and PVP are my hobbies. I could have made that answer a lot shorter.

9) Please upload a screenshot of your combat UI.
I keep this pretty clean. Healbot up at all times, Tank Plates, and a few Weak Auras for Pally-Buff watching, a Vengence meter, and then the usual DBM/Omen/Recount.

10) What are your raiding experiences, also from previous expansions?
Started raiding Firelands. Worked through it to HC but didnt get the last HC kill before Cata. Cleared all Cata HC content when it was current. Then worked on Battlemaster/Khan and stopped raiding for a while. Came back to it for ToT and got a few HC kills but thats when we had attendance issues, now 13/14 SOO. The guild I was in couldnt really raid for awhile due to lack of peeps until it became X-Realm.

I have done quite a bit of raid leading over the years. Its made me prepare for the fights in a slightly different way and I actually think its been slightly negative on my chars progress but improved my overall game knowledge. Strange one. When you have to watch what is happening overall, especially with Openraid groups with peeps you never met, you dont have as much time to focus on your own char. Looking forward to just being a Tonk again full time but always happy to feedback what Im seeing (nicely) if its requested.

Im very confortable with mid-fight adjustments to tactics via Voice coms and you will hear me on Voice coms.

11) Do you have any notable alts?
I have a 555 Blood DK as well and hes 6 Normal kills in SOO. I also have a terrible Mage who I just insta-90'ed a few months ago which I dont really know how to play. I have 2-3 other 90's but they are in standard gear and are just for bank space/professions.

12) What do you expect of your new guild?
Constantly working towards the dual-goals of world peace and nuclear disarmament. Seriously, constantly offering challenging content at a realistic pace, being a place people enjoy and look forward to hanging around in (esoecially after 9 hours in a suit and office).

13) What do you think your attendance will be if we offer you a raiding spot in Phalanx? Do you have any personal obligations which would interfere with our raid times?
if Im correct you raid Mon/Tues but I havent seen the times yet. I work in London 9:00-17:30 local time, home at 18:30 local time or 19:30 EU Server time. All yours after I get some food in me.

I travel for work a bit, usually to Conferences. It takes about 6-7 weeks out of the year. You would know well in advance what these days are. Currently this includes:
3-8 May 2014
26 May - 2 June 2014

14) What do you know about Phalanx, and why do you want to join exactly our guild?
I like the people that I have met from your guild. I am realistic we are mid-patch and may have quiet or even non-existent raid weeks, however I would like to be in a friendly long-running guild in time for WoD.

15) What kind of computer and connection do you have?
I have a self-build Hackintosh. Tonymac-style! I keep it clean, very little software installed.
It has to be Mac-approved parts but you can rack up the specs for 50% of the price. Mine thinks its a 27-inch iMac instead of a big ugly brick.
- Chip Intel Core i5-3570K S1155 3.4GHz 6MB (I know, I know, i7....$$$)
- RAM 24 GB Corsair DDR3 (will push to 32, once $$$ permit)
- Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB
- Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-DS3H S1155 Intel Z77 DDR3 ATX
- Drives 160 GB Solid State Start Up Drive and 2 x 3 TB Drives, 3TB Lacie Cloudbox for Backups and 100% legal movie download storage
- Razor Naga mouse, Mac wired keyboard
- 2 x 26 Inch Screen FinLux HD TVs

- Back up is an older Macbook upgraded with extra RAM and a Solid State Drive. Its kind of terrible but good enough for when I travel and need my dailies and VP cap.

Connection
- Just ran a Speedtest and got 55.92 DL/13.10 UL Mbps
- I also have a back-up connection via a Vodafone dongle which is slower.

16) Is there someone in our guild who could support your application?
Please check in with Angry and Colghan. I have been Raiding with them in SOO Normals and ToT HCs and various achievement runs which I have organised via Openraid. Thats how I found your guild.

17) Tell us a joke!
Ret DPS over the last 2 years....

Sleeping with the guild master does not give you authority.
Honestly I have to say this last question is gramatically incorrect. It is missing (18) at the start and doesnt have a question mark.

Last edited by Nixtt (2014-04-23 22:10:07)

Angrydragon

Re: Application - Nixtt Prot Pally - (Accepted)

Very nice application and a very nice and friendly guy, who knows his way around raiding aswell as leading 9 strangers into some decent kills in current content, aswell as old content.

This guy got my vouch, will deffo be a nice addition to this guild for sure!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/Qlafs/TRUTH.jpg

Angyarr
Administrator

Indeed, I like the app.
Hang on, We'll discuss this and I'll get back to you soon.

Angyarr
Administrator

Nixtt, are you online tonight or somewhere in the weekend?
I'd like to talk to you regarding this application. You can PM me your battletag if you want.

Keldorn

I feel we should point out that we're on a bit of a slow schedule at the moment, raiding only every other week. The reason is that SoO has been out for so long, and will last yet another 4-6 months by the looks of things.

This will obviously change in WoD though.

"Dear Blizzard,

Nerf Rock, Paper is fine.
- Scissors."

Nixtt
Trial

Hi All

Thanks for considering my application.

I completely understand regarding raiding every other week. I can create or join Openraids in the offweeks if I need more and can always use my DK to keep my Pally unlocked as needed. If anything, I expect the next few months to go even quieter overall, then pick up again for WoD.

I will be online later tonight, probably around 21:00 EU server time.  Can jump onto Mumble or Voice coms if needed as well.

Nixtt

Last edited by Nixtt (2014-05-01 20:00:31)

Colghan
Trial

Nixiebrah got my vote!

Such a great guy and knows his shizzle. :-)
I've played with him the last ~2 months catching up old content.

Nice application mate!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82737314/Colpro.jpg

Nixtt
Trial

Just server transferred Nixtt to Auchindoun so will find someone later today after my SOO Normal Openraid on my alt this afternoon.

Angyarr
Administrator

Accepted and welcome!

Nixtt
Trial

Hi All. Just adding a note here as I don't have access yet to the full forum.

As mentioned in my App I will be away at a conference from 3-8 May 2014 so will be unable to join this weeks raid.

Angyarr
Administrator

You should be able to read the main forum now as well.